Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flea Makes The RHCP a Bit Cooler in My Book

It's all because of this...

(From www.perezhilton.com)

Flea Makes Rocking Out Affordable

Filed under: Music Minute

fleawenn1857309.jpg

In an effort to get more instruments into the hands of kids, Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers has launched a line of affordable bass guitars.

The inspiration for the line came from his students at the Silverlake Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles, where he teaches classes for kids who can't afford a decent instrument. Flea explains:

"I found that a lot of the kids I was teaching were coming in with inexpensive basses, which were pieces of shit. The necks were warped and were falling apart. They were like toys. I wanted to make something that kids could afford but were quality, play well and last a long time…I had been adding my name to established bass models for many years, but I thought, 'Fuck it, I'll make my own bass! I'll make it bitching and it'll be cool!' I just want the kids to rock!"

And so they shall, thanks to you!

Very cool!

[Image via WENN.]


Read More: Perez Hilton: Flea Makes Rocking Out Affordable http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-06-flea-makes-rocking-out-affordable#ixzz0bwPDVf9u
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate

No comments:

Post a Comment